Friday 4 July 2014

Three beauty bits I've been loving

I missed the opportunity to write up a seasonal favourites post for Autumn, so I thought I would write up a quick little post about some of the beauty bits I've been loving.


I recently had the opportunity to have my makeup done for a university ball, and the foundation the lovely makeup artist used was the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in the shade Porcelain (as pale as you can get... typical). Naturally I headed back a day or two later to pick it up for myself. This foundation is incredibly light and has a very natural, dewy finish. It lasts all day and night with a good primer (I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil) and the shade selection Bobbi Brown has is amazing, this is the first foundation I have ever used that matches my skin perfectly and I would recommend this to people wanting a very light coverage or if you have sensitive skin.

Another item I picked up was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette which I've been eyeing off for quite some time now. At $95 it was definitely something that I wanted to be sure about and I was lucky enough that the makeup artist used this for both my base makeup and eye makeup for the ball. The palette includes the three shades- Dim Light which is described as a "neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights the complexion", Incandescent Light (this is currently my favorite of the three) which is "an opalescent pearl powder that brightens the complexion with a celestial glow" and the final shade is Radiant Light "a sun-kissed golden beige powder that enhances the complexion with believable, subtle warmth". I've definitely been getting my money's worth out of this palette so if you're in the market for some new highlighters, eyeshadows or powder, be sure to have a look at this multi-functional palette!

I have a thing for blush. I just can't resist a good peach or pink blush and I've been wanting to try this one for months. This is the Hourglass (I've been loving Hourglass lately, can you tell?) Ambient Lighting Blush in the shade Ethereal Glow. Hourglass have gotten very popular in recent years due to their amazing powders (as I forgot to mention earlier) so when these new blushes launched I knew I would love them! Ethereal Glow is described as "a cool pink blush fused with Ethereal Light for a moonlight luminosity". Like all Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, this blush is very light and easy to wear. The colour pay-off is fantastic without being too pink and I think Ethereal Glow is a perfect blush for everyday wear that would suit a range of different skin tones. 

What have you been loving lately?
Thank you for reading, love from Maddie xo

2 comments:

  1. All of the Hourglass products look so lovely! Wish they weren't so pricey, but I'll definitely be looking to invest in some of their products x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are worth the price, so you pay for what you get! If you have a job it's fairly easy to save for them- just put $10 or $20 away each week and you'll be able to pick up some bits in no time! x

      Delete