Wednesday 1 October 2014

My favourite lipsticks for Spring/Summer

As the heat in Australia continues to rise I've found it more and more difficult to wear my typical bright pink or bold red lipstick on a daily basis. When wearing a bold lip colour I feel as though it's going to melt straight off of my face (despite knowing that it won't, the lipsticks I wear are very long lasting) but I can't help but opt to wear a more neutral lipstick in this weather, so I'm writing today to share the lipsticks I think are perfect for Spring and Summer!



This is without a doubt, my current favorite lipstick. I never imagined I would love a coral shade so much as they usually don't look the best with my pale skin, but this shade is actually perfect! Niagra is a pink based coral, which is why I find that this looks better on me than the regular orange based corals. Like all NARS lipsticks, the lasting power of this is pretty amazing, though as a Satin lipstick instead of a matte, this one does need reapplying throughout the day. The application itself is very smooth and hassle free whilst the lipstick is really moisturising and comfortable to wear! 


I have three well-loved MAC lipsticks but this one is without a doubt my favorite! It's difficult to describe the shade of Lovelorn as it's pretty much the perfect pink for me. It's not too dark, not too bright and not too pale- it's just right. I would even go as far as to say that this is a very wearable Barbie pink. Just like most MAC lipsticks, this one is a little drying, despite not being a matte lipstick, but I've found slathering some lip balm or a lip treatment on before hand counteracts that problem easily. 

3. Bobbi Brown Sheer lip colour - Rosy ($44 AUD)

As the name would suggest, this is a sheer lipstick in a lovely 'Rosy' shade. Whilst I do think there are many better alternatives to spending $44 on a sheer lipstick from Bobbi Brown (such as choosing one of the many options available from the drugstore) I did find it very difficult to find one in this particular shade. I was also lucky enough to have a friend send this to me from overseas, so it was much, much cheaper than the $44 you will be paying here in Australia. I like to wear this lipstick when I need a little more colour on my face so I tend to just dab some on to create more of a stain before applying the lipstick thoroughly, also ensuring the longevity of the lipstick.

Just a small post for today! Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I haven't been able to write anything semi-interesting (I'm not even sure if this post will interest any of you) and I've been having problems with the lighting in our new house and my camera (which you will surely be able to tell from the photo in this post). Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon!

Thank you for reading, love Maddie xo

4 comments:

  1. love the bobbi brown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful lipstick for a beautiful girl! I'm hating Australia at the moment tbh

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I know, it's so incredibly hot ;~;

      Delete